Professional & Reliable Aeroseal Duct Sealing Throughout Western Canada
Something most of us never even think about could be costing you a lot more than you bargained for.
Whether a building or a home is old or new, your forced air heating and cooling ducts will leak air, which puts extra stress on your HVAC system….and your wallet.
Developed by the U.S Department of Energy (DOE) to Save Money on Energy Costs
What Are The Benefits Of Aeroseal Duct Sealing?
Even the most energy efficient heating and cooling system is not performing at its best.
- Loss of cool and warm conditioned air to unnecessary spaces of your home results in higher energy bills, forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you yet more money.
- On average, nearly 50% of a home and commercial buildings energy bill is spent on heating, air conditioning, and ventilation.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on the power and energy to heat and cool your home or building, disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts.
- Leaky ducts pull dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating and/or aggravating allergy problems.
- Leaky ducts can contribute to low air flow levels and air balance issues.
- Hard to heat or cool rooms can be caused by leaky ducts.
Signs Your Home Could Benefit From Aeroseal Duct Sealing
Have you noticed?
- Constantly running HVAC system
- High energy bills
- Uncomfortable hot or cold rooms
- Poor air flow from registers
- Excessive dust
- Air balance issues
- Problems complying with air flow building codes
- Poor ventilation
- If so, you probably have leaky air ducts, but now PURAIR Aeroseal can help with the solution.
Aeroseal has also been shown to dramatically improve comfort and home owner satisfaction with their heating and cooling systems. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
- You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible.
- In forced air systems, ducts deliver heated or cooled air to your conditioned living spaces. Any duct leakage translates into extra air that must be supplied. This not only increases effective heating and cooling loads, it also increases fan energy due to increased flow and/or run time.
- A good air duct system gets all the conditioned air to the rooms of your home. With leaky ductwork the air does not only leak out, contaminated air from crawlspaces, under floors, between walls, and other places can actually be pulled in to the duct system. This air is then distributed throughout your home and into the air you and your family breathe.
- Leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential home. These leaks are caused by a variety of factors including workmanship, type of construction, type of ductwork, and local building codes. Over 90% of existing buildings located throughout North America have air duct systems that contain small holes and cracks that reduce the level of comfort and increase heating and cooling costs.
- Age of your home has no bearing on how much duct leakage there may be in your system. We are finding as much leakage in new construction as compared to older homes.
- Sealing duct leaks reduces the amount of heated or cooled air the supply fan must handle to deliver the same amount of conditioned air to the living spaces of your home.
- The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labour-intensive, and can only be applied to ducts with physical access. These substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not. Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you or your HVAC specialist can’t see or access? Let Aeroseal handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals.
- Aeroseal pinpoints and seals leaks from the inside reducing duct leakage up to 90% and can help reduce your power and energy consumption. An added benefit to a sealed duct system is reduced wear and tear on your HVAC system resulting in your furnace and air conditioner to run less and last longer.