In the world of duct cleaning, there’s a wide disparity between legitimate providers of indoor air quality and fly-by-night operators who over-promise and under-deliver. That’s why it’s important to hire reputable companies who are experienced and certified when it comes to HVAC cleaning. And for this you can turn to NADCA, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association – its members follow a higher standard in HVAC cleaning, inspection and restoration.
Avoid the Scam Artists & Fly-By-Nighters
Sadly, duct cleaning seems to have fallen victim to a variety of scam artists, bait-and-switch operators and companies of questionable repute. Sometimes the “deal” comes in the form of a coupon, either by mail or online. Another common ploy is telemarketing, where a supposed “representative” of a company offers an unbelievable rate on duct cleaning for your home. That’s your clue, of course: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
The best-case scenario for most of these offers is that you’ll get an inferior product and be deprived of the value that you paid for. From there it spirals downward to:
- Services not performed at all (the “swindle”)
- The “bait and switch,” being promised a service and then convinced to pay more for something purported to be “better” (when of course you’re still not getting value for money)
- Shoddy workmanship performed (you might even end up paying more to undo the damage done and get the job done right)
- Possibly be inviting someone into your home who isn’t bonded and may have ulterior motive
As you can see, the tempting offer of a ‘low price’ really isn’t worth the risk nor hassle.
NADCA Members Follow a Higher Standard
Instead of taking risks with your indoor air quality and HVAC cleaning, get peace of mind by hiring a firm that holds NADCA membership. How does this benefit you? NADCA requires all of its members to:
- Have at least one NADCA-certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) on its staff
- Maintain general liability insurance
- Agree to clean in accordance with NADCA standards & code of ethics, as well as ACR standards for assessment & cleaning
This means that when you hire a NADCA member to inspect and clean your HVAC system (including furnace, air ducts, dryer vents and more), you’re getting a superior standard and better results.
How Modern PURAIR Holds an Even Higher Standard
As you may have guesses by now, Modern PURAIR holds membership in good standing with NADCA. Our goal is not just to meet the NADCA standards, however, but to exceed them. That’s how we’ve become western Canada’s leading provider of indoor air quality. When you book with us, you’ll soon be greeted by one of our friendly tech-teams arriving at your home or business in a clean, blue truck. From top to bottom, we make sure the job is done thoroughly and to your satisfaction. We clean the hard-to-reach places along the HVAC system, and we’ll show you how much dirt and debris was collected in the process. Our repeat business and customer testimonials speak for themselves.
Contact Modern PURAIR today to book your next air duct cleaning or dryer vent cleaning, and experience the difference that the PURAIR way makes.